Monday, November 12, 2012

Son of Usagi

Well in 2011 there was a "Year of the Rabbit" exhibit in Los Angeles showcasing my FAVORITE artist Stan Sakai. It was a dream com true walking into those doors and immersing myself in everything this man did. When I reached THIS part of the exhibit i stood here for an hour drawing like 3 pieces of art. This one is "Son of Usagi" I was blown away with the exhibit my creative juices to draw "my own character" were in shock so I did this instead. Paying my homage to one of the greatest artists in my heart!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    Would love to see the other two drawings you did that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've managed to collect all of the Usagi Book Compilations (with the exception of Travels w/ Jotaro at this moment) including The Art of Usagi, which could easily function as a textbook for an illustration class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great I need to pick up 47 Ronin soon, I'm getting UY withdrawals he hasn't released 145 in ages :(

      Delete